Office of Student Conduct/
Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Conduct Code WAC
132I-125: a legal document that describes college
expectations and outlines the process for
resolving disciplinary matters and Code violations.
(See the complete code online or download a pdf of the Code here)
- Student Conduct: administered by the Associate Dean for Counseling & Student Conduct. Administrators adjudicate complaints against Highline students when the allegations involve a violation of the Student Conduct Code.
- Student Assessment & Information Team (SAIT): creates action plans for individuals who display disturbing or potentially threatening behavior and offers suggestions on how to manage the behavior or student crisis. Any campus community member may refer an individual to SAIT. SAIT includes members from Student Conduct, Counselling Center, Public Safety, and faculty representatives. (For more information, see the SAIT website.)
- Student Rights & Responsibilities: Highline students have guaranteed rights within the limitations of statutory law and college policy as deemed necessary to achieve the educational goals of the college. Know your rights! Click here.
- Highline College Civility Statement.
- FERPA - Students at Highline College have certain rights regarding their educational records
View a flowchart of the Student Conduct Process here.
To report a student conduct violation, report of academic dishonesty, or report to SAIT, click here.
For questions pertaining to the Student Conduct Code or how to complete and file a report, please contact the Office of Student Conduct at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 592-3949.
Other complaintsThe following are NOT handled through the Student Conduct Office.
- Faculty Complaint Process (PDF) - pertaining to grades, curriculum content or teaching style
- Title IX - pertaining to civil rights and sexual harassment - investigation conducted by the Highline Title IX Officer, who reports findings to the student conduct office for appropriate action
- Accreditation ~ accreditation statements and accreditor contact information