Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Student Rights & Responsibilities (SR&R) Code WAC
132I-120: a legal document that describes college
expectations, students' rights, and outlines the process for
resolving disciplinary matters and Code violations.
(See the complete code online)
- Judicial Affairs: administered through the Office of the
Vice President for Student Services, who also serves as the
Chief Student Affairs Officer. Administrators adjudicate
complaints against Highline students or staff when the
complaint involves a violation of the SR&R code.
(See Judicial Affairs brochure for more information and Judicial Statistics at Highline.)
- Behavioral Assessment Team (BAT): creates action plans for individuals who display disturbing or potentially threatening behavior and offers suggestions on how to manage the behavior or student crisis. Any campus community member may refer an individual to the BAT. (For more information, see the BAT website.)
- FERPA - Students at Highline Community College have certain rights regarding their educational records
Filing an SR&R Code violation report
- Conduct incident report ~ Word PDF
- Report of academic dishonesty ~ Word PDF
- Behavioral Assessment Incident report - Word PDF
For questions pertaining to the SR&R Code or how to fill out and file a report, please contact the Office of Judicial Affairs at email@example.com or (206) 592-3077 or (206) 592-3351.
Filing non- SR&R complaintsThe following are NOT handled through the Judicial Affairs/Vice President for Student Services Office.
- Faculty Complaint Process (PDF) - pertaining to grades, curriculum content or teaching style
- Title IX - pertaining to civil rights and sexual harassment
- Accreditation ~ accreditation statements and accreditor contact information